Popular Posts

Monday 28 October 2013

Tartan: Autumnal Fashion Statement

I have never seen so much tartan in my life! There's always been tartan pajamas around as they are the most common pattern for our cosy pajamas.

Tartan is everywhere at the moment, whether it's something as simple as a scarf or something a little dressier like a skirt or dress. I'm not too keen on wearing a tartan dress, only because I don't want to be drowned by such a strong pattern as I'm a small person. But I do love the idea of a tartan skater skirt paired with a basic tee shirt, so that the pattern isn't so overpowering.

Although I personally wouldn't wear the dress I do still like the pattern on a dress, I think it's very sweet and cute but it also gives and edge to it as it's a very 90's Punk look.


This is the current Tartan Piece I think is a statement accessory in an Autumn/Winter wardrobe as it goes with everything and of course, it's very on trend! The scarf is from Urban Outfiters and is £18, some argue that this is over-priced for a scarf but if you're someone who owns a lot of items from Urban Outfiters, you'll know the quality is very high.


Something that has always been on trend are tartan shirts, or 'flannels'. These are even more the street style of course, therefore I recommend getting your hands on these as they'll keep you warm and snuggly and they're excellent for layering on those cold Winter days. The flannel in the picture above is from Topshop and is £30. Of course you can find these shirts in nearly all shops for a lower or higher price!

Those are the two statement tartan pieces that will complete your wardrobe for the season, even if you aren't a massive tartan lover these two pieces are something simple that you can pair and match almost anything with. They make the strong pattern a little softer when you pair other items with them!

To Follow:

Bloglovin: Cerys Evans
Twitter: Cer_811
Instagram: cerysmyfanwy


No comments:

Post a Comment